Saturday, January 2, 2016

Wild Women Drink Chai

Chai tea is one of my favorite teas. There are so many varieties of it; black, green, white, even herbal. It's all about the spices in it. I particularly like to drink it on cold days. The spices are so warming and the smell so divine.

I have never made my own brand of chai. Because I have so many different kinds available to me, I probably never will. But anything is possible.

However, I DO NOT LIKE CHAI LATTES! Yuck, yuck, yuck! The first time I had one was by accident. I had ordered a chai tea at a bookstore teashop. I was convinced something was dreadfully wrong with my tea. I took it back, explained I believed a mistake was made, when the clerk told me it was a chai latte. I will point out the menu only listed it as chai tea, not chai latte. I  know many people who adore this milky corruption of a heavenly tea, but I detest it. Give me straight up chai tea, please.

Chai is the Hindi word for tea. Legend has the tea being concocted by a king as a healing beverage. Healing or not, it makes me feel happy. I hope you will try some chai, too. AND NOT WITH MILK!


No comments:

Post a Comment