Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tea Sandwich Tuesday: Lightly Spiced Cucumber Sandwich

I may have mentioned before how much a fan I am of mysteries. I have amassed quite a collection by this time in my life, and thoroughly enjoy reading them. However, my love began years ago, thanks to my local PBS channel. They would air episodes of my two still favorites, Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. Periodically, they would have fund raising campaigns, and one of the items I always wanted, but couldn't really afford to donate at the time, was a mug. Imagine my surprise while out junk shopping, as my dad calls it, I found one of those mugs.


It just totally made my day! So I sit here and type, as I sip a lovely herbal peppermint tea from my much loved new mug.

So, on to the sandwich for today!

Lightly Spiced Cucumber Sandwich


One container vegan cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. vegan mayonnaise
3 chopped green onions
1/8 t. hot sauce
1/8 t. ground red pepper
One cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
Bread of choice

Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. Spread lightly on one of the slices of bread, and layer the cucumber on top of this. Cover with another slice of bread. Cut, gently, into whatever shape you like. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment