Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tea Sandwich Tuesday: Cheddar Walnut Tea Sandwiches

My husband and I visit my parents every Sunday, almost without exception. When I decided to get back to my tea blog, I wanted to do more than just post about my amazing tea collection. I figured tea sandwiches would be good. I mean, c'mon, what is tea without tea sandwiches, right? Okay, okay, fine, you don't need tea sandwiches, but they are kinda fun. So, back to my parents. I told my mom I was going to start bringing over a different one each week so they could be my guinea pigs. They have turned out to be very willing participants. Which is good, because they'll tell me if the sandwiches are delicious, or if they are better suited for the garbage can.

But first, my tea mug and tea of the day is:



Black and green chai. No, really, I'm not addicted to chai or anything. I just have a lot of different ones!

Okay, now for the tea sandwich.

Cheddar-Walnut Tea Sandwiches


1-1/2 c. vegan shredded cheddar
2 T. chopped onion (I used green onions)
3/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/4 c. vegan mayonnaise
Half a container of vegan cream cheese
1-1/2 t, vegan Worcestershire sauce
1/8 t. red pepper
Bread (I had Texas toast on hand, so used that)

Mix everything except the bread together, until well mixed. Spread on the bread, edge to edge, then cut off the crusts. I cut mine into triangles.

Personally, I thought it needed something more, but my parents, my husband, and my daughter-in-law all said they thought they were really good just as they were. My dad, in fact, loved them. I gave him all the leftovers to nosh on.

No comments:

Post a Comment