Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tea Sandwich Tuesday: Dill and Roast Beef Tea Sandwiches

Today's sandwich is dill and roast beef. Last week everyone but me raved about the sandwich. This time I think I liked it more than everyone else. They liked it, but had varying reactions. My dad couldn't taste the dill, but loves cream cheese, so liked it. Asked me for some of the leftovers. My mom liked last week's better. My husband was indifferent.

Personally, I thought the dill and garlic in this one made it much more flavorful, and the lettuce added a nice little crunch.

Dill and Roast Beef Tea Sandwich


Half a container of vegan cream cheese
1 t. dill
1/4 t. garlic powder
Tofurky Roast Beef Style Deli Slices
Lettuce (I used iceberg because that's what my mom likes)
Thinly sliced tomatoes
Bread (I used whole wheat)

Mix the cream cheese, dill and garlic together until well blended. Spread on one slice of bread. Layer a slice of the roast beef, some lettuce, and a tomato slice, then top it with a second slice of bread. I sliced mine into quarters, and left the crust on.

Today's tea mug and tea are:


Black tea with pomegranate.

No comments:

Post a Comment