Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Food on the Fifteenth: Earl Grey Rice

Spring break is upon us, and we've been busy doing stuff. By stuff, I mean going to different parks to walk. Yeah, we're wild and crazy like that. Consequently, my post today is late, but nonetheless, I'm sharing!

Earl Grey Rice



Boil two cups of water. When it begins to boil, add two teabags of Earl Grey tea. Let steep. I let mine steep a few hours. When cool, remove tea bags. Pour the water into a measuring cup to see if you still have two cups of water, or if you need to add any to make two cups. Pour this back into the pot, add one cup of brown rice, a 1/2 t. of salt and a 1/2 t. of pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 40 minutes. Serve. Enjoy!

This is quite tasty and smells so good cooking!


I'm eating mine with a mate' with orange and blackberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment