Monday, December 12, 2016

It's okay to self indulge

Last Friday, I had the pleasure of attending a live musical performance with my daughter. I'm not a big fan of live music, but this was a blues band, and I figured it would fit best with my life right now. I have to say, the singer, Annika Chambers, has a fabulous voice! And it felt good to get out and not have to socialize, just sit back and listen.

As an introvert, I recharge through silence. No, attending a live music performance certainly does not qualify as silence, but not having to really engage with anyone, or at least very little, is soothing.

Today I am drinking a Ceylon Uva black tea. The Uva district is a remote area, and is exposed to both the winds of the northeast and southwest monsoons. They say this gives the tea an exotically aromatic flavor.

All I know is music, and tea, both soothe my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment