Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tea Sandwich Tuesday: Cucumber Sandwiches

My son brought home a lone cucumber, and the poor thing has sat here a few days. Since we have a glaring tendency to throw out way more food than I am comfortable with, I decided to rescue this vegetable.

Cucumber Sandwiches


One cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt
2 T. malt vinegar

Mix the cucumber with the salt and vinegar, then place in a colander to drain for at least 30 minutes. Once drained, pat the slices dry with a paper towel. Butter a slice of bread, lay the cucumber slices on top, then add another slice of bread. Slice into desired shapes and enjoy!

I was concerned the vinegar might make the cucumbers too tangy for a sandwich, but the butter balances it out nicely.

It has been hot here, lately. Hello! Summer is this month! But that doesn't stop me from enjoying a nice cuppa hot tea. Today it is in a mug that is intended to remind me of cooler days. The tea is a lovely herbal with pomegranates and roses.




No comments:

Post a Comment