Friday, September 8, 2017

Simple things

Sometimes I really dislike the city I live in, especially in the summer when the temperature can be in the triple digits. Sometimes I truly detest the state I live in, mostly due to our state level politicians. But the rest of the time, I am happy to live here.

I went for a walk at my favorite park, just outside my neighborhood. My reasons were twofold, mostly because I haven't been in months, but also to check to see if it was flooded. Oh my goodness, but it was wonderful to be there! The familiar sights, and sounds, and smells, all there for me to enjoy. I was so pleased to see that any flooding had receded, and the walking path was clear, if a little rutted. I wore a big floppy straw hat and nodded hello to all the other folks there, also taking advantage of a clear day.

It is these small things that make me love living here.

A couple of days ago my husband and I went out shopping at some local retailers. We sampled a delicious birthday cake flavored tea and I found a sexy little teacup and saucer set that is now on my Christmas wish list. We bought some fun spices at our favorite spice shop, Penzeys. I got ice cream from a recently opened vegan ice cream shop, and hubby finally got a chance to try out a coffee shop he's been wanting to go to. I tried in vain to convince him to let me bring home a sweet little kitten one of the shops had rescued; he maintained having three furry ones already at home was enough. I got a veggie hotdog and he got a burger at a burger place where we had lunch with my daughter and her wife.

Simple things.

This mug reminds me to remember, and be grateful.



The tea I am enjoying is called Happy. It is an herbal tea, and it does make me happy to sip.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me happy to hear you've been enjoying some of the things that make you so happy, and taking pleasure in the simple things.

    ReplyDelete