Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Very Vegetable Tea Sandwiches

I had the pleasure of having tea with a former Girl Scout of mine. We have been trying to get together for tea for a few weeks, and schedules have just interfered repeatedly. We finally managed to coordinate a time. Since we were meeting at her home, and she has small children, I decided to whip up some tea sandwiches that I thought even little kids would like. I think the jury is still out on that one.

Very Vegetable Tea Sandwiches



One package cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. carrots, chopped
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1/4 c. celery, chopped
1/4 c. cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 t. lemon juice
1 t. mayonnaise
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well mixed. Spread on bread of choice (I used a multigrain bread) and cut into quarters.

We enjoyed a passionfruit and coconut green tea, and her children enjoyed the cookies I brought. It made for a very pleasant couple of hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment