Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Morning Detox

I recently started a new little morning ritual - that of drinking detox teas. I realized I had five different types of detox teas, and in a rare lightbulb moment, figured what the heck? I could sip a different one each week day.

Do I think these store bought pre-packaged teas are ridding my body of bad things? Uncertain. What I do know is they have a pleasant taste, do me no harm, may actually be heathful, and seem a nice way to start the day.


The one I am drinking today, for example, is a green tea with lime, fennel, cumin, turmeric, rosemary, oregano and coriander (cilantro for you Texans!). Most detox teas tend more toward the herbal side, so this one is decidedly different in that respect.

So I sit today on my bed, reading, sipping, and feeling the sweet purr of my baby kitty on my lap as she naps. Later today I will finish up the cross stitch piece I am working on and start a new one. This new piece I'm about to start is tea related. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment